Orchid Observers Talk

Anonymous comments in Talk

• Rich_Mielcarek by Rich_Mielcarek

is there anyway people can use their real names as opposed to anonymous usernames in the Talk section?

Call me old-fashioned but I tend to pay more attention to people who express themselves under their real names.

Rich Mielcarek

Posted

• johnt2 by johnt2 scientist

Hi Rich,

The default within Talk is for the Zooniverse user name to be presented...and of course we all have different preferences as to how we structure our user names. It's up to individual contributors to decide how they sign off, but here are the user names for the core Natural History Museum (NHM) team along with our corresponding names and roles:

johnt2 - this is me, John Tweddle. I'm head of the NHM's Centre for UK Biodiversity. I've a wide range of interests including citizen science, human-landscape interactions and the long-term history of the UK's biodiversity.

hotfungus is Mark Spencer. Mark is Senior Curator for the NHM's British and Irish Herbarium and a vice county recorder for BSBI (the Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland) and London Natural History Society. Mark is the scientific lead for Orchid Observers, with the data contributing to his climate change research.

kathcas79 is Kath Castillo, an experienced botanist within the Centre for UK Biodiversity. As project officer for Orchid Observers, Kath has put many hours into developing the project!

LucyRobinsonNHM is the NHM's citizen science programme manager, again based within the Centre for UK Biodiversity.

And last but by no means least, MikeWallerNHM is an experienced field naturalist, with a particular passion for orchids!

Hope that helps,
    John

Posted

• Rich_Mielcarek by Rich_Mielcarek

Cheers John, that helps a lot.

Rich M

Posted

• johnt2 by johnt2 scientist

You're welcome Rich, we really appreciate your support.

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123 in response to johnt2's comment.

Thanks so much for providing a list of who the scientists are, that is very helpful.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I've updated the tags to include everyone mentioned as scientists, as well!

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

@DZM: That's so great and very helpful. Thanks again!

Posted