Orchid Observers Talk

Hi

• Abe_Hoekstra by Abe_Hoekstra

My name is Abe Hoekstra as you can see, and I recently discovered Orchid Observers.

I have almost classified 80 orchids so far, and have asked loads of questions to see if I am on the right track. By now I recognize the bee orchid, the fly orchid and most of the time the pyramidal orchid. While classifying I have also got several windows open with images of orchids, so I hope I can better identify them.

If it isn't too much trouble, I hope someone can take a look at my questions ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

Cheers,
    Abe

Posted

I want to say thank you to Rich Mielcarek who has been taking a look at my identifications, and has been very helpful ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

Posted

• kathcas79 by kathcas79 scientist

Hi Abe, and welcome to Orchid Observers! Great to have you on board and Iโ€™ll get back to you with answers to some of your questions on the โ€˜Talkโ€™ forum asap! Our identification guide is available as a PDF download on the โ€˜Identifyโ€™ page. If you would also like a free printed copy of the guide please email orchid@nhm.ac.uk with your postal address and Iโ€™d be very happy to send you one. Thanks again for your participation ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• kathcas79 by kathcas79 scientist

Thanks Rich for your assistance with Abe's ID questions!

Posted

Nice to be here, kathcas79 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

Posted

Thanks for checking a number of my identifications kathcas79 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

This is all a very fun and educational experience. Not being from the UK, I also have to learn a little bit of geography here. And sometimes I check the Dutch names, although I prefer them in English for the time being.

I'd like to have the identification guide so I will send an email soon.

Cheers,
    Abe

Posted