Orchid Observers Talk

Transcribing is not easy! Is it my computer?

• Macdivot by Macdivot

The whole process of transcribing seems very hit and miss. Buttons don't always work. Difficult to draw the box when transcribing. If it appears that is! Also if barcode circle near written notes box won't appear. Not very user friendly. Want to participate but I'm turned off by the process gremlins. Is it my computer- an IMac?

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

I'm using a PC and I'm not having those issues (at least not so far). I've found on other Zooniverse projects that the systems do not always run well when using Explorer, but works well in Chrome so I always just use Chrome. Not sure if Chrome works on an IMac. I've only completed a few-like 4, but I'm enjoying it so far. I hope someone can help you with your issue so you can continue to help on this project.

Posted

• kathcas79 by kathcas79 scientist

Try using web browsers Chrome or Safari (we have found that some versions of Explorer do not support the website well).

Posted

• eatyourgreens by eatyourgreens admin in response to Macdivot's comment.

Hi @Macdivot, can I ask what version of OSX and what browser (and version) you are using? I haven't seen any problems using Safari, Chrome or Firefox on Mavericks, but there have been comments on other Zooniverse projects that Safari on Snow Leopard may not work any more with our sites.

Jim

Posted